An award given by the People For the American Way to persons that are considered "offenders" of democracy. The statue, also called the "Horse's Patootie", was designed by renowned artist Robert Rauschenberg and cast in bronze by FDR Memorial sculptor Donald Graham.

This year's winners were Charlton Heston and Wayne LaPierre. Heston's award was due to various things they've done. For example, there was a speech to the right-wing Free Congress Foundation, where he said

"Mainstream America is counting on you to 'draw your sword' and fight for them. These people have precious little time and resources to battle misguided Cinderella attitudes, the fringe propaganda of the homosexual coalition, the feminists who preach that it is a divine duty for women to hate men, blacks who raise a militant fist with one hand while they seek preference with the other, New Age apologists for juvenile crime who see roving gangs as a means to only the merchandising of violence as a form of entertainment for impressionable minds, and gun bans as a means to only the Lord-knows-what. We have reached that point in time when our social policy originates on Oprah. It's time to pull the plug."

Wayne LaPierre's biggest qualification was the oft-repeated statement that the Clinton administration was willing to accept a certain level of gun-related violence to further it's political goals.