user since
Mon Feb 5 2001 at 22:58:35 (23.2 years ago )
last seen
Sat Dec 11 2004 at 19:21:18 (19.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
43 - View RubberMeat's writeups (feed)
level / experience
4 (Wordsmith) / 1160
mission drive within everything
odds and ends
specialties
music, databases, grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
school/company
University of Iowa
motto
money is the root of all wealth
most recent writeup
dice games
Send private message to RubberMeat



DO NOT WRITE, STAMP, OR SIGN BELOW THIS LINE.
RESERVED FOR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION USE


----------------------Begin Nonsense-----------------------


One day, Jizo received one of Hofuku's disciples and asked him, "How does your teacher instruct you?" "My teacher instructs me to shut my eyes and see no evil thing; to cover my ears and hear no evil sound; to stop my mind-activities and form no wrong ideas," the monk replied. "I do not ask you to shut your eyes," Jizo said, "but you do not see a thing. I do not ask you to cover your ears, but you do not hear a sound. I do not ask you to cease your mind-activities, but you do not form any idea at all."




    NOTES TO SELF


Read:

"The Meaning of Meaning" by Hilary Putnam
"How to Think about Weird Things" by Lewis Vaughn
"The Disinformation Cycle" by William Harwood
"History Laid Bare" by Richard Zacks

Node:

American Council of Trustees and Alumni
William Rehnquist
Tony Robbins



Drunken Rantings ***Here for my amusement only...kinda*** 40oz x 2 i had it, i lost it... i wish i had a tape recorder for my brain, get my thoughts in redistributable format by only thinking them. too lazy to write, type or speak. all i know is that the proverbial man is brining me down and this is just another one of his clever ploys. just because i'm paranoid doesn't change the fact that they _are_ out to get me. After Chuang Tzu's butterfly dream, the Cartesian demon and Putnam's brain in a vat it only seems natural for at least some of us to defy gallileo and assume that the world does revolve around us. Our self absorbtion, however, does not derive from the same mentality as does traditional narcissistic behaviour but from deeply flawed philosophical concepts and an inability to take the leap of faith that maybe some of this _is_ real. I guess I blame my father, the only logical scape goat as i don't believe god has utilized it's ability to control an entire being's existance and my government is too stupid to control any aspect of it. My father started me on this path when he became obsessed with Chuang Tzu's butterfly dream and felt the need to embed this passion in me by repeating it at the dinner table whenever he deemed it semi-relevant. repetition works. repetition works. repetition works. now i am broken.
"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world."

     -Albert Einstein


User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date