RC Cola ... is there a better soft drink? Is there a better drink at all? I once had a glass of 1977 Fonseca Vintage Port, but that's the only thing that even comes close.

I am glad to see some support for this beverage of champions here at Everything. I would like to assure the drinkers of the world that it is not simply a regional soda. Far from it. RC Cola has been the pillar of my non-alcholic drinking experience throughout my life here in New England. It was easily obtainable when I lived in Colorado as well.

As I see it, RC has several advantages over its larger competitors:

  1. It tastes much, much better; and at usually similar (or lower) prices.
  2. It does not taste like dirt (as, seriously, I feel Coca-Cola does).
  3. It is the official drink of Little League baseball (OK, maybe it's a stretch, but nos. 1 & 2 should be enough).

But these factors have not translated into market share. The Big Two (Coke & Pepsi for those living under rocks) have a stranglehold on the marketplace. You will not see RC at any major establishment's soda fountain (not even at Arby's which is owned--as is RC--by the Triarc Corporation), and actual soda machines are few and far between. I take a picture of every one I see. Anyway, the only way to ensure the future of this magnificent beverage is to drink it, and in large quantities. Spread the gospel!