is one of my favorite fish
. Light and tasty without being too full of fishiness. This dish is simple
to prepare and quick to cook.
- If your salmon is frozen, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or for one hour in a bowl of cool water.
- Boil green beans until just blanched.
- In a large mixing bowl combine spinach and basil leaves with tomatoes and several tablespoons of olive oil.
- Drain and rinse olives, then combine with leaves and oil.
- Stir hot beans into mixture.
- Arrange salmon pieces along one side of a medium to large baking pan, skin side up. Drizzle olive oil over salmon, then cover with rosemary, a dash of salt and cracked pepper.
- Empty contents of mixing bowl into second half of baking pan. Add cracked pepper and salt to bean mixture.
- Bake at 450F for 12 minutes. Serve while hot.
- Rosemary can also be added to green beans for a more aromatic dish, but many people don't care for the "twiggy" texture of rosemary. Serve salmon with skin on, but peel skin back as fish is consumed.
Grats to Jamie Oliver, The Naked Chef, for the recipe this is based on.