A good day.

Woke up at 1:15 PM, decided it was WAY to early and went back to sleep for another hour.

Woke up at 2:15 PM, had some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and got dressed.

Drove to the library and told them that when I had borrowed Donnie Brasco, I arrived home to find that inside the case was a copy of Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.  The librarian was nice enough to hunt down the right video and switch them back.

Went to Blockbuster Video, returned Taxi Driver and Raging Bull.  Went to see if they had American History X, but it was still out.

Went to the Broadway Mall.  Walked down to Foot Locker, got a nice new pair of Sketchers that were on sale.  I've been a Nike man for years, but the heels of my last four pairs have all gotten worn down and ripped...I don't know if it's just the way I walk or not, but that was enough to break my brand loyalty.  Hopefully this new pair will hold up.

On the way back to the car, I stopped by upstairs where the movie theater is.  I noticed the elevator, the one back by the skylight and the front of the mall.  It struck me that no one ever had any cause to take that elevator, because it was so damn far out of the way.  I started reminiscing about the last time I had ever walked up by there, and realized it was when they had first done all the renovations to the mall and put the movie theater in on the second level--back in 1994, when I was 14.  I remembered how beautiful the whole level was right after it had all been completed, and how pretty the whole food court area looked during the afternoon with the sun shining through the skylight by the elevator.  I remembered how cool we thought it was that they had put the elevator in.  I remembered that we never took the elevator again after that day.

I took the elevator downstairs.