No, this does not happen at McDonald's.

I'm midway through the ten minute drive to the nearest Wendy's when a police car passes me in the opposite direction while I'm stopped at a red light. I glance over, and I notice that the officer isn't wearing a uniform. "That's odd", I remark to myself. But onward! Lunch continues with no problems, as I have my usual double Classic hamburger and there is much rejoicing.

On the way back, I see a police car with sirens blasting off on the shoulder of the road. But oh no, this is no normal speeding violation. The police officer, you see, pulled over another police car. As I pass the scene, the officer has his sidearm drawn, screaming at the guy who passed me on the way there and telling him to put his hands behind his head and lie down on the ground. He apparently stole the squad car and was impersonating a police officer.

Next, I had some time to kill, so I went into a local computer store and was rummaging around in the back. I considered buying Icewind Dale, but I just started Planescape: Torment and I can only handle one major project at a time. But, as I'm rummaging through the bargain bin, I find a copy of the Gabriel Knight Collection (both GB I and II), which I've been looking for for over a year. Now, if only I could find a copy of Wing Commander IV, I'd be all set...