This is the famous Italian dish called Spaghetti Puttanesca which literally means "Whore's Spaghetti." The dish is supposed to have gotten its name because it it could be quickly prepare by working girls in between appointments with clients. It is, in fact, very quick to prepare and is really very good for something so simple.
1. Heat a half cup of good quality olive oil in a sauce pan.
2. Add a heaping teaspoon of chopped garlic and stir for a few seconds.
3. Add a heaping tablespoon of capers and continue to stir another few seconds.
4. Add a half cup of chopped kalamatra olives and give it another few stirs.
5. Add a standard sized can (roughly 16 ounces) of diced tomatos (Cento is a very good brand to use) drained of excess liquid. Continue to cook until just heated. (Just a minute or so)
6. Salt to taste and add some red pepper flakes (I'll leave it to you how hot you want to make it).
7. Toss the mixture with a pound (dry weight) of hot cooked spaghetti, a handfull of fresh basil leaves, and a quarter cup of grated good quality real parmesan or pecorino romano cheese.
All the quantities are somewhat flexible so don't worry about being too careful measuring. You can also add anchovies, or a can of oil packed tuna, or some cooked tiny shrimp along with the tomatos. All of these are very authentically Italian. (In fact, tuna is the most common protein found in Italian pasta sauces).