February 10th, 2001. Dallas, Texas. Joe, my good friend and fellow juggalo, and I had driven up, from San Antonio and Austin respectively, to see the Insane Clown Posse play a show at Deep Ellum Live. When we pulled into the parking lot of the downtown Ramada where we were staying, the first thing we saw was the huge ICP Bizaar, Bizzar tourbus parked alongside the hotel. We could not help but feel that this was a good omen, and we were totally correct.

We also came to find out that the hotel was also hosting a large get together for the Velvet Curtain Club, a local wife-swapping and swingers organization, but that is not really relevant to the story.

After a day of frantically driving around Dallas for several hours searching for a place to buy face paint, we were chilling in the hotel lobby waiting to catch a bus over to the club. As we are sitting, A very large individual comes in the front doors with a cute blonde girl on his arm, and we realize it is Violent J. The large guy that is, not the girl. By the time we realized who he was, (he was sans clown makeup) he was almost out of sight, so we just waved to him, and he nodded towards us and got on an elevator. We both thought that was pretty cool, and headed on over to the club.

Details of mind-blowingly good concert, and our struggles to get back to our hotel afterwards omitted for brevity

So, we finally make it back to the Ramada, and are just chilling in the lobby again, talking to the security guard on duty. We are both drenched in Faygo, half drunk, with the remnant of our once beautiful paint jobs running down our faces. The elevator comes down, and lo and behold, here comes J again, with the same blonde. We decide not to accost him, instead simply calling out "J, that was an awesome show!". Much to our surprise he tells his woman to go on out to the bus, and he walks over and says "Oh yeah? Did you guys have a good time?"

He actually just stood around with us and shot the breeze for about 15 minutes, as the conversation wandered from the topic of the concert, to local wrestling federations and the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He was extremely polite, and well spoken, and we both thought it was amazing that even though he was tired as hell, and probably just wanted to go chill out with his woman, he took time to stay and talk to scrubby-ass juggalos like ourselves.

Finally we shook hands, and after asking us both to "keep up with the clown love", he departed for parts unknown, and we headed back up to our room for more Rum and Coke.













P.S. Later that night we saw a female member of the wife swappers mentioned above wandering the hotel halls wearing ass-less leather pants. That pretty much says it all.