NB. This node was originally titled : I now understand why "E"-culture loathes alcohol

OK, let's set the record straight here once and for all, or at least edit the node title.

"E"-culture does not loathe alcohol!

Speaking as someone who ingested this crap for nigh on 8 years, I can firmly say that "E"-culture or "Partykids" or "Ravers" or "Clubbers" (shudders) completely embrace alcohol. Rare is the clubber, in my experience, who does not drink while on E. For most people I know, the buzz of alcohol complements the buzz of the drugs. Saying that ravers "loathe" alcohol is just pure BS. Saying that ravers maybe drink less because they're off their tits the whole time and scared by crap they hear in the media (like leaflets that were distributed around Ireland years ago saying that Ravers were injecting heroin to come down off E) may be true. Saying that they loathe it the next day may be true because their heads are so mangled from the night before, but at the end of the day, the statement itself just isn't true.

I agree with sysop in that maybe the 15-16 year old kids who just take the drug alone and not alcohol is probably due to the fact that alcohol can be so hard to get in the US. This is not the case in Europe though. I also agree that DanceSafe is a good thing.

However, most of the writeups in this node do not even relate to the subject or title and should be moved/nuked.

Downvote this to hell if you must, but you have been grossly misinformed.

This statement is simply not true.

Goodnight.


Addendum
A noder who will remain anonymous writes: "I dont know about you, but at the clubs I go to, anyone who's drunk, as opposed to high, stands out a miles, and completely annoys everyone."

So listen up all you drunkards out there! There's gonna be some people in clubs who are "high". So when you enter the club, stay on your side of the white line. Whatever you do, don't stand out out or you will be ejected forcefully. You can annoy a few people if you like, but don't annoy everybody.

Grrr.