Been working a lot on my Pimpette comic lately.
I'm so glad I switched from twice a week to once. I tried a new style (using various shades of markers, as opposed to simple black outlines), and it takes forever just to draw each comic, not to mention the amount of time I spend colouring it.

However, the results are amazing. I had one friend demand that I continue doing comics in this way, because it looked fucking awesome.
I don't mean to brag, but I had to share with someone.

I can't help but feel proud.
**grins**
So of course I have to stay in stock of markers and felt-tip pens. And marker paper, which I have fallen in love with.

It's funny... looking back over past comics, seeing how much I've improved over such a short time. One particular comic looks really icky in that there are white bits everywhere from a bad selection or something.
That's more or less before I discovered the wonder of Layers.
Layers upon layers upon layers.
Wonderful.

Now my comics look good, but I'm wondering how this new style will survive a plot change.
See, the style change occurred while the characters were journeying in a different realm - that is, they had to go to Hell for a little while, and the new style definitely makes this environment stand out and look fantastic.
But they don't normally live in a rocky, fiery place like Hell, which suits the shaded, jagged style I've started playing with. They live in the modern-day world, own a nightclub, and don't really have anything to do with the sort of realm Hell is in.

Oh well... I guess the best way to go about it is simply to try it out and see how things look. If it looks crappy or weird then I think I'll change it back to its former simple style.

Plus there isn't nearly as much fire in the normal realm.
I hope it looks as good on my readers' computer screens.
I love my mac.

http://pimpette.keenspace.com