The term catcher has come to be a slang word in the homosexual community, along the lines of the word bottom. A "catcher" is a man who prefers to be on the "receiving" end of anal intercourse.

The term was popularized by Showtime's Queer as Folk in Season One, Episode 10. One of the main characters, Brian, brings home a pair of twins to have sex with, and one of them is wearing a shirt that says "catcher", while the other is wearing a shirt that says "pitcher". The connection is never directly explained, but the message is obvious.

The catcher shirt itself is light gray, with the word CATCHER written across the middle in maroon, with the picture of a baseball catcher beneath it, also in maroon. The shirt is 90% cotton, 10% polyester and made by the company Ajaxx/63. The shirt can be ordered online at Kleptomaniac.com. One of the interesting things about the shirt is that to the casual heterosexual observer, it appears to be a shirt supporting sports, which is a pretty manly thing to wear. In a way, this makes it a relatively safe piece of gay apparel to wear, since it is mostly understood only by some homosexuals.

Or, at least... it was, until you read this node... I might get my membership card revoked for telling all of our secrets.