Orphan Black is a BBC America television series created by Graeme Manson and John Fawcett. It's filmed in Ontario, even though there was a vague reference to New York in the first episode.

The overall concept of the series is based on science fiction through human cloning. An evil corporation performs illegal clone experiments and allows the clones to live "normal" lives with monitors. A religion-based organization uses one of the clones to try to eliminate the rest.

The series stars newcomer Tatiana Maslany, who plays multiple versions of herself. I'm not one to gush, but using split-screen and motion-capture technology, Tatiana does an outstanding job making each clone a true individual. She interacts with herself as though there were actual twins or triplets acting the roles. She also nails several different accents for each of the different clones.

There's a bit of nudity and sexuality, including Sarah Manning banging one of her clone's boyfriend on the kitchen counter, and her brother, Felix, who is flamboyantly gay without being obnoxious. One of the clones is a lesbian, and the way the roles are handled is far better than most of the cardboard stock "gay" characters foisted upon the television-watching public.

My wife and I binge-watched the first season, and we're currently enjoying the second season, which will play out over the next few weeks. There are some slow points, but overall it's enjoyable and, at times, surprising. I recommend it if you're looking for something to watch on a slow weekend.