While Ralenys uses a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor, he's quite right. I will note a couple of additions, some funny things to do, and how to frustrate your professor to no end. This info does come from someone who taught at the college level for eleven years.

For professors to frustrate students:

  • Do not take any personal interest in your students.
  • Never give them the benefit of a doubt.
  • If they have interesting attributes, stare at them until the student produces a can of mace.
  • Assume all papers are copied verbatim from the Internet. Mark down appropriately.
  • Know, in your heart, that every time you turn your back to the class, they flip you the bird. Frown back at them.
  • Make sure your tests have nothing to do with your lecture or what's in the book.
  • Make no attempt to work on your wacky accent or to slow down so people can understand you.
For students to frustrate professors:
  • Assume you can call them late at night when you're stuck on homework problem 37.
  • If the professor is female, smirk and act like she should be cooking your breakfast, not explaining particle physics.
  • Have your phone ringer set to Me So Horny, and have a long (and loud) conversation with the hottie you're trying to snare -- while in the middle of a lecture.
  • Don't put any effort into learning or preparing for the class, then get irate that the teacher doesn't stop everything for the rest of the class to catch you up.
  • Use your textbooks to prop up the table leg in your dorm.
  • Show up to take tests only, and act surprised when you have no idea how to answer a single question on the test.
  • After the test was due online, send an email to the professor and indicate you were having problems. Make sure you use your friend's email address: bartender@thepub.com
Funny things to do
  • Yodel your lecture.
  • Wear a Richard Nixon mask to class. Act irate when people ask about the mask.
  • After every sentence, note, "this is copyright by Shampoo."
  • Bring your pet angry hornets to class.
  • Declare you are uber-Amish and wear only fig leaves.
  • Yell out, "Jet-Poop and thefez ROCKS, BITCHES!" Run from the classroom and never return.
  • Show up in random classes. Have the homework ready to turn in. Act irate when they can't find you on the roll.