From personal past experience, ceramic knives will easily get through airport security if they're non-folding and do not use metallic rivets. I used to carry a ceramic boot knife when I was in Thailand, and I was so used to wearing it, I left it on when I flew from Bangkok to Singapore. I was wearing Doc Martens with the steel tips. When I went through the metal detector, it lit up like a Christmas tree. I pointed at my boots, they nodded and swept me with a hand-held metal detector. It was only after I was sitting in my seat when I realized that I was wearing that knife. I left it in my boot, since I figured it would be easier to spot in my carry-on luggage.

If that wasn't stupid enough, I wore it when I went back to Thailand. Unfortunately, I chipped the blade when I dropped it off of my 12th story balcony, so I didn't get the chance to test it out on the US metal detectors.

Oh, that reminds me. Metal detectors do not detect a duffle bag full of fireworks. I bought a bunch in Tennessee, and when I flew to New York, I discovered that my bag full of clothes was actually full of fireworks. I had snagged the wrong bag... that could have been an ugly scene. I figure I've used up my nine lives when it comes to air travel.