It was nighttime and I was lying on the grass, staring at the sky. I noticed that the moon was looking slightly larger than normal. I remembered the night that my mother and I saw the harvest moon outside a strip mall late at night when I was twelve. If I took a half-dollar in my hand and held it towards the sky so it covered the moon, I'd still see a ring of orange around its silver edges. As I was remembering this, I noticed the moon getting bigger and bigger. I realized that it wasn't just getting bigger, but that it was hurtling towards Earth. It was bright white and full of craters and soon it was so close it filled the sky.

I became terrified, and jumped to my feet, staring at the all-white sky and wondering if this was the end of the world. I ran away from the moon, but it didn't get any smaller until I reached a farmhouse where a shocked young boy was watching from his bedroom window. The moon rose higher and came flying towards the earth, shrinking in size as it did. It was headed straight for the boy's window, and by the time it reached him it was merely a white paper moon on a string, hanging from an invisible source in the sky. The boy smiled, cut the string and brought the moon inside his bedroom. I quietly walked home.