a wonderful, wonderful, sweet and chocolatey snack, definitely a contender for the perfect food. Also known as puppy chow and white trash, although the title used here is the correct one used by the Chex folks themselves, who came up with this bit of deliciousness to sell more of their cereal. The Muddy Buddies recipe (in more formal terms) and other Chex recipes can be found on their site.

To take a trip to mouth heaven, find:

Put the cereal in a big bowl. In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine. The best idea is probably to nuke the mixture in the microwave for a minute (make sure you use a microwaveable bowl!), stir, and then nuke it again for 30 seconds or so until the lumps stir out. Mix in the vanilla. Then, pour the gooey stuff over the cereal and stir it around (gently so you don't crumble your cereal!) until it's evenly coated. Shake on the powdered sugar. I like to add some cocoa, too, to make it more chocolatey but less sweet. The cereal gets coated more evenly if you put the mixture in a freezer bag, add the powdered sugar, and shake it up. My mother puts two bowls on top of each other and shakes it in that. You can spread it out to cool, but my family is impatient and digs in right away.

If you don't eat it all at once, you can store it in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Or, share it with friends and they will love you forever.