Today is an interesting day. I had my last class ever at Cornell, as a freshman. Well, I do have to go to chemistry lab tomorrow morning (8 in the morning!) to check out, but that doesn't really count. So I went to my last chemistry lecture, which wasn't all that interesting, had lunch with a friend, came back to my room and took a shower, then went to pick up my last paper in my writing class. Luckily my TA really liked it so I don't have to do much revising. Then I got back to the dorm and received an email saying I could pick up my plant lab practical, which had been graded. I trudged all the way back to central campus (I live on north campus, here at Cornell) to pick it up. Unfortunately, I only got the mean grade (I know, I've disappointed E2...), but it could have been a lot worse.

I decided to waste time and write a silly little poem about slope day, which is tomorrow. It's an annual tradition on the last day of classes where all students come out on Libe Slope and get drunk together. There are plenty of other activities to participate in too, like laser tag and [free food (although you don't really participate in free food but you know what I mean). So this is my poem:

Twas the night before slope day
And all though the school
Not a student was working
That would just be uncool


Tonight there are parties
So that all can cope
With having to wait
To be on Libe Slope

Friday will come soon
We will have fun and drink
We will not go to classes
And forget how to think

So to all my Cornell friends,
Let us unite
Happy Slope day to all
And to all a good night!

Pretty silly, huh, but that allowed me to waste a good couple minutes. What fun.

So I haven’t been up to much recently, just finishing up work and stuff, waiting for finals to hit me with their terrible blows.

In other news, my roommate and I are now the caretakers of two baby hamsters, both of which are way too cute. It's nice to be able to take care of something in this dreary dorm. Also, I've pointed this out on my home node (as well as posting my poem there as well) that I am officially single now (watch out!). I broke it off with the jerk of a boyfriend who, even though he says he cares about, was acting like an ass. I handled it very well, with the grace and perfect bluntness that everything2 has taught me. You all would have been proud.

Okay, that's it from me for now. Hope everyone is well!