The Frozen North was graced with another beautiful day. temperatures above the all-encompassing 32 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and no skin-peeling wind to contend with. This doesn't happen much up here, so I'm resisting the urge to pontificate on how the lovely sky looks like a freshly squeegeed windshield, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Had a rather good day. Uncommonly good, actually. Woke from a good night's sleep (a rarity), ran errands, cleaned up my domicile a bit; I am no longer wading through a high tide of books, papers, and pointy little things. Dinner with friends, and too much coffee made for an enjoyable evening.

This was all before I broke my glasses. Snapped is a better word I suppose; the fuckers just snapped like they were made out of so much sun-baked balsa. I took my specs off to wash them on my shirt, to wash them like I have countless times before without even thinking about it, when they uttered a little *snk* and I was suddenly holding two distinct objects instead of one.

My glasses snapped right below where the bridge connects with the frame for the left lens. I have no idea why the powers that be decided to have them snap in that particular place as my left eye is essentially the only one that works (the right is strictly for decoration, and to see if anyone is about to hit me) and it is nearly impossible to fix a break there. I really liked these frames, too.

I'm currently writing this through generous amounts of scotch tape; it was the only way I was able to keep them together. While I can see without them, extended periods gone without glasses always result in pounding headaches and other skeevy feelings in the eyes and brain (if you wear specs you know what I'm talking about). I really do not have the money to buy a new pair, and I'm also in the North Country. Where am I going to find a good selection of frames? Where am I gonna find some moolah?

Enough bitching about my busted eyewear. I'm off to bed soon, I suppose.

I was having such a good day, too...