This can easily be considered to be one of the best, most influential albums in the history of electronic music. It is without a doubt the pinnacle of early 90's electronica, and has had a huge influence on artists to follow.

It's hard to imagine that some of the tracks on this album were made when RDJ was just 15 years old. Not to mention, a lot of the electronic devices used in the making of this album were created by RDJ himself.

The album overall is relatively sparse with light percussion. The album in total only contains one vocal sample, which is featured on 'We Are the Music Makers' - which features a line taken from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."

In my opinion, the first half of the album is the best. My favorite track is the opener, 'Xtal.' The track starts with some light percussion, which is later joined by some female vocal samples. Toward the middle of the track a beautiful synth melody enters the mix, which also closes out the track. This is one of my favorite all-time Aphex Twin tracks.

Some of the album's other highlights include the wintry 'Tha' - the rhythmless ambient splendor of 'I' - The beautiful melancholy of 'Heliosphan' - and the beat-heavy 'We Are the Music Makers.' All in all, a brilliant collection of music by one of the geniuses of electronica.

Track Rating (0-5 stars):

1)'Xtal' - *****

2)'Tha' - *****

3)'Pulsewidth' - ***

4)'Ageispolis' - ****

5)'I' - *****

6)'Green Calyx' - *****

7)'Heliosphan' - *****

8)'We Are the Music Makers' - *****

9)'Schottkey 7th Path' - *****

10)'Ptolemy' - ****

11)'Hedphelym' - *****

12)'Delphium' - ****

13)'Actium' - *****

Overall Rating = 4.75/5