The Magic Kingdom is the name of the first and primary theme park inside each of the four Disney resorts: Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris. Only in WDW is the name used often, since only WDW has three other major parks within.

All four Magic Kingdoms are different, but they do have several common elements. They are all oriented around a central hub, which sits directly in front of a large castle. In Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, it is Sleeping Beauty Castle (or Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant in French); in Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland, it is Cinderella Castle.

The entrance into the Magic Kingdom is a street conveniently lined with shops (neat shops, but shops nonetheless). This street is Main Street, U.S.A. at the two American parks. The street leads you directly to the central hub. From there, you can visit the other lands.

Typical lands found in the Magic Kingdom are Fantasyland (accessed by going through the castle), Tomorrowland, Frontierland (or Westernland), Adventureland, and some sort of Toontown or equivalent. Walt Disney World also has Liberty Square; Disneyland has New Orleans Square.

Popular attractions at the Magic Kingdoms:

There are scores more attractions, of course, but the differences among the parks start to become more apparent. Despite what people say, the Magic Kingdom really is a magical place, especially for kids. But only the most cynical of grown-ups would be unable to have fun right along with them.