Poker term

An obscure house rule, usually only effective once per game session.

There is an old poker legend/joke that goes something like this: A card hustler walks into a saloon in the Old West, and sees some old locals playing poker. Spotting an easy target he asks if he can join the game and the locals approve. When it's the hustler's deal he deals himself a full house and manages to get a sizeable pot on the table. When the last check is made he shows his full house noting that none of the locals have more than a low pair, and reaches for the money. The oldest looking of the locals stops him and says "Not so fast, stranger! Bob here has three hearts and two clubs with no card over ten. That's a lollapalooza and 'round here a lollapalooza beats a full house!"

The hustler accepts this but later on when it's his deal he makes sure he gets three hearts and two clubs with no card over ten. The pot gets even bigger this time and once again the hustler reaches for the money... only to be stopped by the old man who says "Sorry stranger, only one lollapalooza a night!"

Some players have similar house rules and when you play with people you haven't played with before it might be a good idea to ask what the lollapalooza is, if there is one.