BE WARNED!! This is a half-assed student's recipe. I kind of borrowed from cookbooks and improvised the rest.


Chicken Parmigiana

1. Get some chicken. I use chicken breasts usually, because it's easy to tell when they're done (just cut them in half and look). Wash the chicken off. Pat dry with paper towel. DO NOT substitute Kleenex in this step. It's just a bad idea.

2. Mix up an egg and a little water.

3. Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a ratio of about 2:1. I didn't have breadcrumbs - I used something my mother taught me and used crackers instead. You just have to crush them up really well. I started off using a fork and a bowl, but it was really slow so I just put the crackers in a Ziploc bag and pounded them with the hammer. This actually works better than a meat tenderizer - that thing tends to put holes in your Ziplocs.

3a. If you feel adventurous, put spices in the cracker/cheese mix. I use garlic, oregano, and sweet basil. If you just want it to look fancy, use parsley. Looks the same, no risk of it being too spicy (or tasting weird).

4. Dip the chicken in the egg and then the cracker/cheese mix. Fry it around medium-low to medium in a bit of oil.

5. When it's cooked all the way through, add sauce. If you're adventurous, you could make your own. I'm adventurous, but lazy. I used Prego. Still tasted damn good. Add lots - you'll want the extra on your pasta.

6. Make some pasta. We have the rotini stuff right now, 'cause it looks neat.

7. When the pasta's about three or four minutes from being done, put some sliced up mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.

I hope it turns out as well for anyone who cares to try as well as it did for me. I love it when I fluke out when I cook.