A play written by Canadian Playwright Linor David about a woman who has lost her ability to orgasm. The main (and only) character spends the play talking to an imagined Anaïs Nin - whose writings she had adored (and masturbated to in the past), and whom she adored for her sexual liberty.

An interesting question asked within: "What is it like to have sex with your father (an act referred to in Anaïs' writings); can it ever be consensual?" David - through the character believes that it isn't in fact possible to have consensual sex with your father.

This play is quite challenging both for the audience, and I would imagine the actor: the action transcends normal rules of propriety in that: the actor is masturbating in vain on stage, which is usually reserved for that private time between yourself and your imagination; so too with the plight of the audience, they are thrust into the bedroom of a woman struggling to find release. The action was both enthralling and off-putting, I found myself wanting to watch, but also feeling that societal stigma telling me to avert my eyes.

On the topic of release, the sub-plot involves the parallel retention of constipation. Much Metamucil is drank in the opening scene, with the implication that this has been core to her diet.

Being set around a night in the life of an Anaïs fan, the story is rife with eroticism. In one scene we find our character role-playing a boy trying to make lust with his date: safe at first base cupping the "breast" outside the shirt; moving on to second with little pause, under the shirt, over the bra; struggling with the bra clasp; and finally skin! It is surprising that the actor didn't chip a tooth on the chair-cum-lover that night.

Those sympathetic souls in the audience are eventually released as our protagonist does eventually come to orgasm - followed quickly by her bolting to the washroom to find other release.

Note: You will see masturbation in this play, you are now warned.

References to the specific production are that of the Peterborough run starring Rachel Matlow.