The question may have crossed your mind, or not, what is the world's largest pornography site? There are, after all, countless of them now, some quite massive. It was long ago pointed out that more content is uploaded on YouTube each day than a person can watch in a lifetime, and it doesn’t seem like porn is far behind that in its hours of material.

But I won't hold you in suspense any further. the largest porn site in the world by volume of content is (drumroll, please): Twitter

Yes, that's right, Twitter, the dear heart to "First Amendment absolutist" Elon Musk. Well, actually since the rebranding, "X" -- which is therefore doubly appropriate.

This was already noted to be so long before Musk's entrance, by 2019, when anti-porn legislation was remarked to give Twitter a pass because of its "social media" nature. By 2022, it was found that 13% of all content on Twitter was pornographic. Because Twitter’s overall base of content is massive, and because this sort of content is banned on YouTube and Facebook and Instagram, the sheer numbers game leaves Twitter at the top. Indeed, Musk’s own vaunted initiative to promote the uploading a full-length videos accelerated the proliferation of this kind of content in that medium. Some major advertisers even pulled up stakes because promotions appeared alongside tweets soliciting child pornography. And it continues to be so that children find porn on Twitter more than anywhere else in the world.

There is, therefore, no small irony in the fact that there are a fairly large number of anti-porn or “ban porn” Twitter accounts, posting away as if they are on some more “family-friendly” venue, oblivious to the fact that their very activity of posting things on Twitter contributes to the website's vaunted “client traffic” numbers, which are what are used to sell the website —- pornography and all. in other words, by tweeting their missives day and night, the “ban porn” brigade is.... promoting access to pornography.