Sentimentation is a word, one of my favorites of the English language lexicon. But let's be honest here, this node was never going to be just about the word itself, since I'm pretty sure that, up until I started using it, it was not even a word -- or at least, not one recognized by any English lexicon. But if it's not, then it ought to be, and isn't that enough?

Back to the word for a moment, 'sentimentation' reflects to the act or the result of making a sentiment about something, a concrete act of the expression of a feeling. It is my sincere sentimentation that we ought, when confronted by a burning need to employ a word which does not yet exist, to make that word right there on the spot. "There's no such word" is no excuse -- should such a barrier be given credence, a dearth of words would autolegitimate, for all were new at one time. So, make it, advocify it unafraidfully, thrust it boldly into your parlance -- remember the example of William Shakespeare, who did just so at his whim in his many plays, earning an historical berth not only for moving authorship, but as well for lexicoinographics!! Remember Lewis Carroll, all mimsy where the borogoves!!

And that, dear friends, is my deeply held sentimentation on the subject....