Peters' Drive-In has the best milkshakes in Western Canada.

Located on the corner of 16th Avenue and 2nd Street NE, Peters' Drive-In has been a Calgary institution for over 30 years. It was a simple concept. Make some burgers, fries, onion rings and milkshakes. Make em' big, make em' fresh, make em' cheap. Make them GOOD.

They started out by giving a discount to anyone wearing a uniform. You know, mailmen, police, soldiers. Well, quite soon they had entire fire halls dropping by to pick up lunch.

Most people go there for the thick juicy burgers, or the crispy fries that come in nice big boxes. Me? I go for the milkshakes. There's not much that beats a strawberry milkshake, made from freshly chopped strawberries, on a hot summer day. Go there. Try it. Or perhaps the Chocolate-Banana, or the Maple Milkshake. Mmmmm....

Well, ok I lied. I go there for the milkshakes & the burgers & the fries.

When you do drop by for your dining enjoyment, keep in mind that this is Calgary, and the weather can change suddenly. In true Drive-In fashion, Peters' doesn't have any indoor seating, just a large lawn with wooden picnic tables and some trees for shade. So know what the forecast is.

On a hot summer day, the lineup may look to be a bit much, both at the walk-up windows and the drive-in. Don't let it stop you. The line moves quickly, since they have two people working each window.

When and Where: It's on the south side of 16th Avenue N in Calgary, aka the Trans-Canada Highway, between Center Street and Edmonton Trail... that's probably all you need to know, it's not hard to get onto 16th Ave, since it's one of the main roads in the city. It's open 7 days a week, from 9 AM till midnight.