The PalpZ update.

I really should get more sleep.

Naw, fuck it, I'm having too much fun.

So, I moved into my fraternity house back in September. This is something that I've wanted to do for a good 3 years, but of course, I couldn't afford it.

Now, however, the parents are moving to Edmonton, so I needed to find a place to live. It's a vast improvement in some ways.

I used to live in the very very SE corner of the city. The University of Calgary is located in the NW quadrant of the city. I usually spent on average about 1.5 hours each way on the busses and on the C-Train.

You really would think that with an extra 3 hours a day, I'd be getting more studying done, and getting more sleep.

Then again, I suppose there is the minor factor that I no longer have someone to cook for me, or do my laundry. Also, my room is small. Very small. Of course, it was the last room that was open in the house, and now there's a waiting list of about 3 guys who want to get in after I got in.

I managed to fit all of my furniture in there. It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but I've got my bed, my dresser, a desk that was left behind, and a small bookcase. There's just not all that much floor space in between all that stuff.


I also managed to snag me a new girlfriend.

It's been a while. Almost 9 months since I broke up with Laura, and hell, almost a year since the last time I've had sex.

I like Jolene. I really like Jolene. We're trying to take things a bit slow, which I think is usually a good thing.

Met her online. From playing Medievia to be exact. Known her for a few years on there, but only met her irl recently. Eh, we seemed to hit it off. I really do hope it works out, because if nothing else, dating someone again has reminded me just how much I hate being single.

Gah. Whatever, she makes me happy when I'm with her. That more than I can really ask, right?


What else is new? Oh yeah, I'm actually doing well in school for once!

I'm in my 4th year of Mechanical Engineering at the UofC, although I'm taking mostly 3rd year classes. After all, I can count the number of engineering students I know who are actually graduating in 4 years on one hand.

Taking 5 courses. Got 85 on my midterm in Heat Transfer, a stunning 96 in my Fluid Mechanics II midterm, and decent marks in my Communication Studies class. Probably like Bish. That's the only stuff I've gotten marks back in yet, but I'm fairly confident that I did reasonably well in those.

This is a fairly new thing for me. I got a 3.0 GPA out of four last semester, but if I keep that up, I'll have almost doubled my GPA from the two semesters before that.

It doesn't really take a genius to figure out what happened. I actually started going to class on a semi regular basis.

I mean, that isn't to say that I don't ever sleep through a class, but I'm a lot more likely to go if it doesn't mean that I have to leave the house at 6:30 to go. I mean, for my circuits course, one or two years back, I forget, I estimate that I went to a grand total of 6 classes that semester.

Shame really, because the professor is a really cool guy. I just couldn't think by the time I got to school. Half the time when I did go, I just ended up having a nap. By the time I got to the final, I had no idea what was going on in the course. Left at least one question blank. Somehow managed to pull off a D and didn't have to take the course again. Thank god.

So yeah, anyways. Things are going well. I really should stop being so lazy though. Study more, work out once in a while... or I could take a nap. Cya!