A dynamic link library
provided by Microsoft
in all 32-bit
based Windows operating system
s. rundll32, which is the 32-bit analog
, allows programs
to export functions
from the Windows API
. With the extinction
of Windows 3.1
and the 16-bit
technology, rundll32 has taken a prominent role
in Windows programming
According to http://www.mvps.org, the steps in the functioning of rundll32 are:
1. It parses the command line.
2. It loads the specified DLL via LoadLibrary().
3. It obtains the address of the function via GetProcAddress().
4. It calls the function, passing the command line tail which is the .
5. When the function returns, Rundll.exe unloads the DLL and exits.