Scorched Earth: The Mother of All Games is one of the greatest classic computer games ever. The premise of the game is simple - you control a tank on a pre-scanned or randomly generated surface against up to 7 other tanks (which may be controlled by the computer or other players sitting by your side). Everyone starts out with an initial sum of money and can buy weapons or shields with it. Then the battle starts!

Keeping the direction and speed of the wind in mind, you must choose the angle of your shot, which weapon you will fire, and how much power you will put in the shot. Of course, your intention is to hit an enemy and destroy him. This isn't always as easy as it seems, and sometimes it gets fiendishly difficult.

The delightful collection of weapons include dozens of varieties of nuclear missiles, the Death's Head, Napalm, and Rollers that shovel enemies beneath dirt. There is nothing quite as satisfying as taking out multiple targets using a MIRV. Aaah, the joy of Scorch! Kill! Maim! Destroy!

If you have not played this game, do not EVER call yourself a "gamer"! EVER! But if you must insist on doing so, at least check the game out: http://www.classicgaming.com/scorch/

Oh, and you can probably find free copies instead of the shareware ones if you look around the 'net.