An electrical connector used in high voltage/high amperage situations. Cam-locks are one conductor connectors, meaning that you must have one cable per conductor. Com-locks are also waterproof, or damn near close to it. Anything that requires cam-lock usually musters a bit of fear and repect in me.

Back to theatre lighting terminology.