There is no actual bar called Cheers in the city of Boston, unless you count the cheesy tourist-trap watering hole just outside the metal detectors at Gate B of Logan Airport.

The real Cheers is the Bull & Finch Pub, located at 84 Beacon Street. The food is traditional Americana - burgers, buffalo wings, stuff like that. Naturally, baked beans and clam chowder are available. Bonus points if you pronounce it "chowda".

The pub is Boston's most visited tourist spot. The inside, of course, looks NOTHING like the bar in the television show (much like the inside of the Bow & Arrow looks nothing like it does in Good Will Hunting).

As for the TV show, I can't say I really miss Cheers, what with reruns of Hogan's Heroes and All In The Family still playing. But I wouldn't complain if someone bought it back into syndication...

My favorite scenes from Cheers:

...

Frasier parks his car outside the pub, then blips on the alarm. He goes down the steps. The alarm goes off. He rushes back up, looks around, then blips it off and back on again. He goes down the steps. The alarm goes off. Again, he rushes back up, looks around, then blips it off and back on again. He takes a few steps down... then rushes quickly back up. Nothing. So he walks back down the steps. Pan down. Norm and Cliff are sitting on the opposite side of the car, drinking beer and pulling the door handle up randomly. They both laugh hysterically as Norm pulls the handle again. We hear Frasier yelling "Arrrrrrgh!" as they cut to the theme song.

...

Nickel Beer Night at Cheers. Norm sits down at the bar, plops down a five, and proudly announces he's buying 100 beers for himself. Fast forward to the end of the episode... Norm is sitting on the same stool, drinking beer. Someone praises his brilliant idea. He says that maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all. "Why, Norm," the guy asks, "How many have you had?"

"One."