So, eh... Lord Brawl first suggested in Editor Log: December 2005 that all the editors and anyone else who would like to be among our ranks write a bit about their favourite bits of E2, and stuff, but I was busy getting married at the time* so it's taken me a while to get round to it. Sorry about that. Anyway - here it is at last...!

Writeups

Short explanations are optional, but may prove helpful.

  1. List 3 to 5 writeups (not your own) that epitomize what's special about everything2 for you.
    • How did we get here, Sarah? Enchanting writing; spooky, captivating.
    • Down with this sort of thing! A concise satirical polemic. I love it. I created the nodeshell without really intending to fill it, and for me it epitomises why that isn't always a bad thing to do.
    • Duran Duran. The world doesn't have enough outlets for this kind of writing - informative but silly, rantingly hilarious.
    • Prosenoder's Cup 2003. Not just a single writeup, but the existence and nature of the node (even more than the generally impressive quality of the writing) says something quite special about the site.
  2. List 2 or 3 writeups (your own) with which you're most pleased.
    • Oo. Still makes me chuckle when I re-read it. I love that this makes sense on E2, and it's hard to imagine anywhere else it really would.
    • Carbon. I'm not a chemist, so I needed to learn a great deal to pull this off. The fact that I was able is a testament to the motivating power of E2, and the ability of the E2science group to correct, expand and improve science writing here.
    • Vegan ingredients. It was fun to write this, mostly off the top of my head, from things I've learnt as a vegan, bolstered by a modicum of research. I know it's been genuinely useful for quite a few people. So that's nice.
  3. List 2 or 3 writeups (anyone's) to which you would point new users as an example of "how to write for e2".
    All of these serve chiefly as advice on writing, but are also examples of good writing themselves...

Mentoring/Community

  1. At what time or times are you typically active on e2 and accessible for user questions and help?
    • Evenings, British time.
  2. Are you an active member of the Mentoring team, or if not, would you be willing to join?
    • Never as active as I'd have liked, but a member for a good couple of years or so.
  3. Are you a subject matter expert to whom the admin team can go for content advice? If so, in what area(s)?
    • Fairly expert in matters tea-related; also well-versed in physics and to a lesser extent the rest of science.
  4. Are you a leader or an active, contributing member of any e2 usergroups?

* See http://mimeomai.f2s.com/oolong/India.htm