Pomeranians could be called compact, fuzzy, with small features and a short tail useful for dusting. Of the "toy dog" variety, they are considered an intelligent breed with a loud bark to cover for their short stature. They are energetic creatures and tend to be intensely loyal to their owners. They are also said to be somewhat difficult to house train.

Pomeranians come in a variety of colors. These include white, black, orange, and brown primarily. Dogs that are colored other than white are considered undesirable if they have white or pale markings. But if you love the dog and are not using him for show, I doubt that would matter, of course.

Ideal weight for the dog is 1.8- 2 kgs., and bitches 2-2.5 kgs.

The Pomeranian name is derived from Pomerania, a duchy that once existed between Germany and Poland. They eventually became the favored pet of Queen Victoria, and with her popularity came the increase in love for this type of dog, as well.

For a live shot of these dogs in action, if none seem to exist near you, rent "To Die For," "Dumb and Dumber," and/or "Cadillac Man." All of these movies feature the beloved balls of fuzz.

My neighbor owns a very attractive white Pomeranian, although she has nicknamed him "The Devil Dog." Though he may be small, he knows he has a voice, and he uses it. I can hear him from my kitchen day and night. But this does not prevent me from wanting to purchase one of my own in the future.

Help for this node came from www.personal.u-net.com