Myrna Williams (later to be known as Myrna Loy), was born on August 2, 1905 in Radersburg, Montana. Her family moved to Helena and that is where she spent most of her youth. When she was 13, Myrna's father died of influenza and the family then moved to Los Angeles.

She found a passion for acting at 15, and she was in local stage productions to help support her family. Rudolph Valentino happened to see her show one night and helped her get onto the big screen.

Myrna's first film was "What Price Beauty" in 1925. She was one of the few actresses who was able to transition from silent movies to sound. She was in several movies, but it was not until she starred in "Satan in Sables" that she actually gained a contract. She was an extremely popular actress, known primarily for her roles in "The Thin Man" and "Midnight Lace."

She had four husbands during her life: Howland H. Sergeant, Gene Markey, John Hertz Jr. and Arthur Hornblow Jr. She also enjoyed sculpturing and dancing. Myrna received an honorary Academy Award in 1991. She died on December 14, 1993 at the age of 88. She had appeared in 129 movies during her lifetime.

Some of her films include:

"Evidence"
"Hardboiled Rose"
"The Midnight Taxi"
"A Girl in Every Port"
"Ben-Hur"
"Petticoat Fever"
"The Ambassador's Daughter"
"The April Fools"
"The End"
"It Happened at Lakewood Manor"

Help for this node came from allmovie.com.