No I am not.

This is one of many laughable verbal misunderstandings between me and my German boyfriend. In one of my more bizarre moments of goofyness, I randomly sang out "Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care," while we were on the phone. (Yeah, stupid.) Alas, he did not know the song (lucky him - and probably due to his background). He was momentarily flabbergasted.
"What?" he asked.
I repeated, a smidgen slower.
"Ohh," he replied. "I thought you said, 'I'm a crack whore, and I don't care.'" At least he knew this had to be a mistake.

Well if that case were true, I think I would care. Or perhaps not- being on crack and all, would you care much about anything anymore? Questions to ponder...

Another moment of miscommunication occured one night while preparing for sleep. "Do you want to go to Budapest this fall?" he inquired, walking to his side of the bed. I, turning out the lights and returning to my horizontal position, turned my head his way in confusion. My mind was already at work: Why would he want to go to Budapest? And how? And how would I be able to get out of work to make such an extensive trip?
"Well OK. Maybe... I could try."
"It'd be great."
"Why do you want to go to Budapest?"
He pauses in the dark.
"No! Voodoo Fest! It's in New Orleans!"

Mystery solved.

One of the many interesting (and lovable) happenings that pepper a relationship involving more than one language. Of course, these types of misunderstandings can happen otherwise. We just found these particularly amusing.