What you'll need:
- 2 pounds of chicken feet
- 1 chicken bouillion cube
- 1 small onion, chopped
- clove of garlic, minced
- 2 quarts of water
- small handful of green onions in their fullness chopped
- corn starch or flour for thickening
- bottle of oil - will need for sauting
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 4 carrots peeled & cut into 2" long, 1/4" wide strips
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- a dry white wine - amount ranging from a cup to a quart pending on your taste
- wash chicken feet in clear water - clip nails too
- add vegetables & spice - saute adding in onions and gradually
add wine till some of the liquid evaporates - do not cover the skillet
- bring the water to a boil & toss in the bouillion cube
- to boiling water add vegetables and chicken feet return to boil
and then and then simmer till the chicken feet are tender.
- second skillet: brown flour gently and add to the mixture - will help thicken the soup
When serving make sure everyone has a dish accessible to put their small bones in from the chicken feet.
Chicken feet are very inexpensive at your local unusual foods market. From what I've
heard over the years it's a top notch dish to serve in Asian countries.
source: the kitchen of my grandmother