So I just learned of the honor roll today. I've been on a slow and steady mission to get to level 6 for one reason and one reason alone: to post pics on my homenode. That, to me, is like the Holy Grail of Everything2.

Last week I was at level 4. Without having written any new w/u's, I have managed to rise to level 5, thanks to the honor roll system. After doing some math (thank you Mr. Calculator!) I was able to figure out how many more w/u's I need to reach my goal.

At this date, I will need to create 16 more writeups to reach level 6. I've written 235 so far, so 16 more should be a relative breeze, considering that I daylog a lot.

Is this noding for numbers? Intrinsically, yes, but not in the classic style, I don't think. I am, after all, doing this with a goal in mind. I will not simply node bullshit stuff that has no merit whatsoever. I will continue to try and write quality nodes (my nuked stuff notwithstanding).

In other news, I got another website completed for a client of mine. There are some minor fixes that need to be made, but those will take less than an hour to implement. The client is in the process of getting a domain name and host- and I'm buggered if I can figure out why his Mac won't view the site correctly. PC's have no problem with it. This happened once before with another client of mine, who was a Mac user, and it eventually ironed out, but I don't know what was done to fix it. These cross-platforming issues between Mac's and PC's with Flash are beginning to really piss me off.

I've also started to delve into 3D modeling a lot more. I've selected a project that I think will take a long time but will also provide me with lots of experience: I will try to make a 3D model of the Lost in Space Jupiter 2 (movie version). The guys over at Scifi-Meshes.Com have been an incredible resource for guidance and information. I have learned more from reading their message boards in the last month than I did over a 3-month period of banging my head against the wall with 3D Studio Max 4 by my lonesome.

I've already gotten to a "decent" level of expertise with rendering 3D images, but I want to be able to have my own 3D meshes instead of using other people's work. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, I might be able to get the Jupiter 2 done in about a month and a half. I have to keep reminding myself that there is a greater goal in all of this. No, I'm not doing this just because I'm a sci-fi geek. I'm doing this because I have some original stories of my own that I want to, one day, turn into CGI movies. But I have to start somewhere. The best place to start, when you're learning a new skill, is where other people have already gone. Once I master the basics and move on to the more advanced stuff, I can then begin work on my original material- but that's at least a year away.

Everyone has a dream. What's yours?