Hot sex.
Live nude girls.
Sex acts that will make you rush to the confession box just for thinking about it.
See Molly take it all off!

It's SPAM, all of it. It comes in my email Inbox, like that half-dollar sized rain which won't let you see three feet past your car's front windshield. I open MS Outlook and, ::SMACK::, I see eleven quick messages imploring me to view content that I have to pay for. This may be a wonderful marketing ploy, when said messages are being sent to some naive net-newbie, but it's just another sucker's gambit to me. I've been slipping and sliding on the 'net for going on ten years now. The first time I saw something like an animated GIF was back in '89, on my Commy-64. Not too surprisingly, the animated GIF was nothing more than a two or four-frame porn clip; a close-up shot of a man and woman having sex.

I saw the future of Internet Porn long before the porn industry did. I saw a virtual red-light district that could only be accessed with a credit card, digital domains wherein a customer could find anything and everything he or she could possibly imagine. Whips, dips, chains, bangs, leather, latex, rubber, real, more, less, faster, harder, parts and the whole shabang. I saw it in a miniature prophetic vision, back when I was 18, and wondered if I would ever see someone I knew someday in the future at "fuckme.com", before I even knew that Dot Coms would come into existence. "Dot Com" hadn't even entered the picture yet. I was still a little naive at the time, myself, running my own BBS. I figured that the future of digital porn would hold fast and true to the 1-800 craze, where people could force their modem's AT command lines to dial some 800 or 900 number and log into a BBS of some sort.

Being 18 at the time and somewhat of a sexual idiot savant, I didn't have the wherewithall to cash in on the future. Even if I did, I wouldn't have known where or who to take the ideas to. Besides, I was more interested in the finer, literary aspects of the Internet's future. Porn didn't interest me much. Well, there was the passing interest in Playboy or Penthouse, but that was about it. Digital porn was still too new to me to think of it as something worth thinking more about.

But, apparently, somebody "out there" was ahead of the game and was thinking hard and fast. Hence, today, my personal dislike for SPAM. It's not so much that SPAM annoys the ever-living shit out of me; it has more to do with the fact that I have nothing to SPAM people about. I can't cash in, I can only cash out.

It's maddening to see the direction it's gone. It's everywhere I look. I can't even surf the 'net for five minutes without seeing some pop-up window that extolls the "virtues" of Mindy or Candy or Simone or Rick. Digital porn has taken over the information superhighway. Which brings to mind a weird sort of mental image. Imagine driving along the road somewhere, with your kids in the backseat, and you pass by a roadside billboard that says, "Come see Tammy's tits! Next exit, 4 miles ahead! (Visa and MC accepted)"

But the 'net is something different. It's all around us. Our lives are becoming more and more dependent upon it. First it was roads, then it was phones, then it was television, then it was cars, then it was personal computers and now it's the 'net. The 'net is not just sexy, it has become sex. The sad thing is that porn has infested the Internet so completely that it's turned the topic of sex into something less than erotic. It has become mechanical and contrived, invisible. We, as a consumer-based society, have become so used to Internet Porn that we almost no longer see it. We see past it. Click. Deleted. Block sender. Switch on the Net Nanny and don't let the kids see. Sad fact, though, is that it's usually the kids who find it first- and even they aren't all that impressed anymore.

When you flood the market with a particular product, you end up lowering the demand for it. Porn is so infused with the 'net, that it's appeal has virtually disappeared. Ffffwippp! Gone. "Oh. More porn. Whatever."

Yeah, so we can find porn anywhere at any hour now. Yeah, so it can be had for free from just about any source. But so what? Dull dull dull. Been there. Done that. Burned the T-shirt.

And, yet, it still comes into my email Inbox, just as strong as ever. So, I guess some people are still interested in it. The industry is still making an assload of money. And it will probably continue to do so. Webcams changed the whole face of things. Before, it used to be that only the companies that could afford the production costs of porn were the ones who put it out there on the 'net. But now, with the advent of webcams, just about anyone can run a porn site. Hell, it's easier now to run across your next door neighbor's 18-year-old daughter, completely in the buff, on the 'net than it was 30 years ago in Playboy.

And maybe that's the thing that bothers me most about Internet Porn, now. Not that I missed the boat on a great money-making concept, way back when in a time when I didn't have many scruples, but that I could very likely see someone I know personally doing things in front of a webcam that I haven't done in my wildest fantasies. It's the possibility that my personal relationships and social interaction with another person could drastically change because, like a strange lottery, my email address was unwittingly on their outgoing SPAM list.