All right. So here's how it works:

You're connected to a DSL or Cable Modem line. You decide that you want to download a simple song file- let's say the Super Mario Brothers remix of NIN's "Closer". You fire up KazaaLite and do a quick search, there's fifteen sources that come up within a few seconds and the file is only 5 MB. Naturally, you click on it because the combined bandwidth for said 15 resources is some ungodly amount that your high-bandwidth internet connection can definitely handle and it's a relatively small file. Your friend has heard only a snippet of the song, but not the whole thing, and has asked if you could get it and play it for him. Of course it's such a mundane and droll thing, interesting for about thirty seconds, that you absolutely have no intention of keeping the file for this one-time playing... it's just not worth taking up your HD space.

.....And, for the next three hours, you find yourself wondering just why in the hell this tiny, little file is coming in at .05 KB/sec after you've done a dozen more searches and there are now more than thirty resources to pull from, no matter HOW many times you try to encourage the software to search for more sources on its own and expedite the download.

The concept of a peer-to-peer network has become nothing more than a massive tease. Phuq, this is frustrating.

Why phuqing bother? I think this shit happens on purpose. I think the MPAA or whoever the hell it is these days that has it in for P2P has bots which randomly download files from every source possible, just to clog the internet's arteries with wasted bandwidth. This is not verifiable fact, just supposition, but I would not be at all surprised if it were so.