N. Gregory Mankiw is Professor of Economics at Harvard University and also Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers for President Bush. While he is serving in this capacity he is currently on leave of absence.

Before teaching at Harvard, Mankiw was a student at Princeton University and later attended MIT. He has taught various subjects, including macroeconomics, microeconomics, statistics and even spent one summer as an instructor on Long Beach Island.

Professor Mankiw has written numerous articles and particpates in many public debates. He has written for the American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy, The New York Times, Fortune and The Wall Street Journal, along with many other sources.

Along with writing for various peer review journals, Professor Mankiw is also the author of two textbooks. One of these books is at the introductory level of Economics, Principles of Economics and his second book is at a higher level, Macroeconomics.

If his time as a teacher and author did not keep him busy enough, Mankiw has been a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research, an adviser to the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, an adviser to the Congressional Budget Office and a member of the development team for the advanced placement economics test.