What to do if you happen by a university peace rally in order to teach naive college students who have not experienced war in their lifetime why force is sometimes needed :
- Approach naive young student chanting about "peace" and saying there should be, "no retaliation."
- Engage in brief conversation, ask if they think military force is appropriate in response to attack killing over 6,000 people.
- When he says "No," ask, "Why not?"
- Wait until he says something to the effect of, "Because that would just cause more innocent deaths, which would be awful and we should not cause more violence."
- When he's in mid sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can.
- When he gets back up to punch you, point out that it would be a mistake and contrary to his values to strike you, because that would, "be awful and he should not cause more violence."
- Wait until he agrees with you that since he has pledged not to commit additional violence it would not be right for him to strike you back.
- Punch him in the face again, harder this time.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 until they understand that sometimes it is necessary to punch back.
Credit for this goes to a retired Navy Chief.