Faith without proof.

This is the type of faith that many religionists have. This is not necesarily a good thing or a bad thing. Having blind, or unsubstantiated faith does not make you stupid and it does not make you wrong. All it means is that you believe something to be true without any attempt at proving it.

Here, standards of proof must be taken into account. Different people have different standards of proof. Some people require much more evidence before they believe something to be "true" and other people will declare something true solely because a trusted friend declares it to be so. This is relevant in that a person who takes something on blind faith doesn't even get involved in this process. They simply say "whatever your standards of proof are, they aren't relevant to me. Even my standards of proof aren't relevant to my blind faith, proof is meaningless here. I'm not even going to attempt to prove this, I simply believe it."

Faith is based on evidence. You have faith that the sun will appear to rise, not because you read it in a book, but because you've been alive on this planet long enough to see it happen the same way every day. You have faith that water will freeze at 32 degrees fahrenheit, not because you made it up, but because it happens every single time you run the experiment. Faith is based on evidence. Blind faith chooses not to bring evidence into the picture.