From: clepre@rpm-mortgage.com
To: mike@michaelmoore.com
Subject: Hey Mike!
Date: 26 Nov 2002 17:02:06 +0000

Dear Mr. Moore, Thanks a lot. I mean that, I really do. Thanks for having heart and not being afraid to make Roger and Me. Thanks for having something to say. Thanks for TV Nation and the TV Nation Polls that you made up to prove that 95% of statistics are useless, I wish more people would give you some credit for being the guy who first went out of his way to demonstrate that fact on primetime television in a humorous way, instead of critisizing you as if you somehow believe in statistics, or even quote them a lot.

Thanks for Bowling for Columbine. When that happened I was sitting in high school wearing a long black trenchcoat having just barely gotten out of the "I hate the world and want to kill" phase and entered by a hair into the phase where I wasn't so ostracized and where I could talk to people I once despised. Your movie made me feel a lot better about the whole situation and showed me that there are people who both care and understand. Thanks a lot.

I haven't seen Canadian Bacon yet, but when it's in at the video rental place again, I'll check it out.

Thanks for your excellent books too. Funny, *and* they have a point. A lot more fun to read than those folks who take shit too seriously.

I also really liked Rage Against The Machine's testify video that you directed. Good shit. I wish more music videos were *about something*.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again.

-C

P.S. Don't let critics get you down. It's important to listen to people with different takes on what you do, but some people think having an opinion makes them special and having a negative opinion makes them avant fucking garde or something. Keep ya' head up.