I’m sure most of us have played this game at one time or another; usually under its one word or one sentence format. Given the unparalleled creative capital of this forum, I couldn’t imagine a group of more qualified players.

I’m therefore asking you to humor me, with a paragraph or two. The concept is simple. I’ll begin with an opening paragraph, and then anyone, who finds this project interesting,  is invited to contribute to the node with a paragraph of their own, allowing the story to continue. I’m frightfully curious to see if this gets anywhere. Aren’t you?!

The spirals of cigarette smoke absentmindedly sting the eyes. The distinctive click of the jukebox whirling to its end plunges the room into a hollow silence. A lifelessness wholly reflected by those in it. The music holds the same place as any activity in this dark abode; being nothing more than a means of escaping oneself. The drink, the conversation, the bare skin could all be found in other places, yet here these entities of flesh, bone and meat are gathered together in their misery. Despite this nocturnal rendez vous’s dilapidation, it is far from being empty. Its acolytes find themselves thrown about the room, some grunting for a drink at the bar, others entertaining themselves around the pool tables and dart boards, and then there are those that have voluntarily sought the shelter of anonymity that only the darkest corners of the establishment can provide.