A measure of popularity, apparently invented by Jorn Barger. Basically one uses a search engine to count the number of pages one's name appears on in relation to the number of pages Elvis appears on. (Elvis was apparently chosen for not being a religious figure and being relatively timeless.)
Right now, Elvis appears 441,810 times on AltaVista.
I appear 3,720 times. So I'm .84% of Elvis. (This is not very accurate though, because "muke" apparently means something in Croatian.)
For comparison, some other major figures:
- God: 4,240,130 pages. 9 times bigger than Elvis.
- Jesus: 2,788,235 pages. 6 times bigger than Elvis.
- Buddha: 250,960 pages. 56% of Elvis.
- Allah: 233,965 pages. 53% of Elvis.
- Zeus: 203,925 pages. 46% of Elvis.
- Eris: 14,237 pages. 3% of Elvis.
If you try hard, maybe someday you can be bigger than Elvis.