Seventh-Day Adventist Beliefs: God the Son

God the eternal Son became incarnate in Jesus Christ. Through Him all things were created, the character of God is revealed, the salvation of humanity is accomplished, and the world is judged. Forever truly God, He became also truly man, Jesus the Christ. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived and experienced temptation as a human being, but perfectly exemplified the righteousness and love of God. By His miracles He manifested God's power and was attested as God's promised Messiah. He suffered and died voluntarily on the cross for our sins and in our place, was raised from the dead, and ascended to minister in the heavenly sanctuary in our behalf. He will come again in glory for the final deliverance of his people and the restoration of all things.

--Fundamental Beliefs, 4

Previous: God the Father
Next: God the Holy Spirit


Muke says:

The impression I get of Jesus was a man who put his time and effort into helping everyday hurting people and rebuking the established religion, which by most accounts seems to have gone both stale and rotten. If more actual Christians were like this, the world would be a much different place.

He taught about God's kingdom, and often used parables to pursue analogies about one or another aspect of God's love. He also claimed to be the Son of God, which in recent times has given birth to the meme called the trilemma: basically put, that one can't claim that Jesus was "just" a good man and a great teacher; by claiming to be God he must either be 1) insane, 2) a shameless liar, or 3) telling the truth. (I'm sure there's a better way to put it.) The trilemma obviously doesn't speak to those people who don't think that Jesus claimed to be divine, or those people who think the whole person was a fabrication.

The world is scary. I miss my brother.