Seventh-Day Adventist Beliefs: God the Father

God the Eternal Father is the Creator, Source, Sustainer, and Sovereign of all creation. He is just and holy, merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. The qualities and powers exhibited in the Son and the Holy Spirit are also revelations of the Father.

--Fundamental Beliefs, 3

Previous: The Godhead
Next: God the Son


Muke says:

The Father, especially as we see him in the Old Testament, seems to be an unpopular figure. People would rather talk about Jesus; someone who unambiguously loved everyone, than this mysterious and difficult-to-understand person. His motives really are hard to explain, especially to someone who has trouble seeing from his perspective...

I think C.S.Lewis puts it a good way, talking about Moral Law and the God behind it in Mere Christianity:

"The Moral Law does not give us any grounds for thinking that God is "good" in the sense of being indulgent, or soft, or sympathetic. There is nothing indulgent about the Moral Law. It is hard as nails. It tells you to do the straight thing and it does not seem to care how painful, or dangerous, or difficult it is to do. If God is like the Moral Law, then He is not soft."

...which I think hits the mark in a way, even if only obliquely.