Mission Electronics, usually referred to simply as Mission, are one of the UK's largest designers and manufacturers of loudspeakers. Most of their products rest in the budget end of the market, usually costing less than £1000 (obviously this is an audiophile's definition of budget!).

Mission Electronics was launched in 1977 and in 1978 the revolutionary 770 loudspeaker was launched. It was the first audiophile loudspeaker to use a polypropylene drive unit and went on to garner acclaim and admiration. Since then, introducing new technology and radical manufacturing techniques has remained a prime factor in their success.

Through the years they have produced many "firsts". In 1979 we released the first DC-coupled transcription tone-arm, the Mission 774, and the 700 loudspeaker, which, with its inverted drive unit array, brought the price of esoteric loudspeaker performance down to budget hi-fi level. Remarkably these speakers are still being manufactured today, showing just how revolutionary they were back in 1979. In 1981 came the Mission 776, the world's first DC-powered pre-amplifier, and the 777, the fastest MOSFET power amplifier of its day. The Mission Isoplat, introduced in 1983, pioneered the use of Sorbothane to isolate sensitive components from vibration.

Mission Electronics continue to strive constantly to break through technological barriers, investing heavily in R&D and staff. Recent advances include producing some of the first Audio Visual loudspeakers and have had a major part in the development of NXT flat panel technology.