MrTunney and the £10 Sandwich

I'd booked up to have my haircut today and I thought I might go shopping whilst I was in London. Nobody told me there was going to be a tube strike today. So, I get to Theoblads Grove station to find a sign saying they'll be no Victoria line service from Seven Sisters and all customers should get on the tube at Liverpool Street. I wasn't aware to the extent of the strike action so I thought I'd risk it and buy a ticket. The ticket cost me £6.50.

So I got on the train to Liverpool Street, quietly confident of my chances to get to South Kensington via the Circle & District line. I got to Liverpool Street and headed towards the underground. What did I find? Only the Metropolitan line was running any services. I thought I'd get a bus there. Then I saw the queue for the buses. Obviously the whole of London had turned up for this very special occasion. What was I to do? I got a sandwich from the Pret à Manger across the street and got the train home.

I'd spent over £10 and all I can to show for it was sandwich.

I shouldhave been pretty annoyed at this point but I believe that workers should have the right to strike, especially when they're looking after our interests, as in this instance. I don't want the tube to be privatised, I don't want to see what happened on the overground trains happen to the tube. London can't survive without a good public transport system and I believe privatising it will only make matters worse. I'm also glad that it was only an appointment to have my hair cut that I missed and I don't have to work in London on days like these.