The Logitech iFeel mouse really comes into it's own when playing games, I personally found the windows effects quite repeditive. I've, so far, tried it with the following:

  • Soldier of Fortune: In-built iFeel support but it feels like a hack and slash job. You can feel the sub machine gun fly but it's nothing worth £40 for.
  • DemonStar: Freeware old school top-down shoot 'em up game off the immersion (the name of the technology used) website. Pretty fun for 10 minutes. You can really feel the difference as your weapon gets upgraded and plug away at the enemy.
  • Black & White: Quite good support built-in. You can feel the villagers (oo-er) and many of the effects in the game.
  • Half-life: Via the immersion patch you can really see what the iFeel mouse is capable of with half-life. You feel yourself walking along, you feel the weapons fire off (and they all feel very different) and you can even feel the ground shake as bombs go off around you. Almost worth the £40 on it's own.

I'm sure as more and more games support the technology the better it will feel. Soldier of Fortune was dissapoinitng and I could live without it in Black & White. However, it really did add another dimension to playing Half-life and was excellent fun. It does need much more support though. I doubt the technology will ever become standard issue in mice as it makes quite a loud noise making it unsuitable for office environments. However, I can see it being popular with gamers.